Ron Phillips New York Speaks on Common Questions Pertaining to Child Support in Divorce Cases

When it comes to divorce laws in New York, many people are not aware of them. This is why one should always take the help and counsel of a good lawyer to help them with the process. People have several questions before they file their divorce petitions, and some of them can be really complex. This is why one should always have a good divorce lawyer by their side to clear their concerns and kickstart the divorce proceedings without tensions.

Ron Phillips New York – Visiting a good professional before filing the petition

Ron Phillips is an eminent lawyer in divorce and family law in New York. According to him, if you are about to file a petition for divorce, you must ensure your lawyer has proven track records in the field. With a good lawyer, you are able to enjoy the benefits of strategic planning to reach your end goals when it comes to child custody and support.

According to Ron Phillips New York, there are some common child support questions that people ask before they file the divorce; some of them have been discussed below-

1. Does one need to pay child support even if their ex does not permit them to see the child?

The answer to this question is yes. Child support is not the same as visitation rights-both of them are different. In case you fail to pay child support, you will risk losing your driver’s license and might have to go to jail.

2. How much do you have to pay for child support?

The court will determine this amount as per the income of each spouse, the needs of the child, the standard of living of the child, and other factors. In fact, the family courts use a formula that is complex but based on the factors above to reach the final sum.

3. How long will it take to get the divorce decree?

Every divorce case is specific, and so you need to look at the unique factors of your case to get an idea as to how long it will take for you to get a divorce.

4. Will you get child support immediately?

You will not get it immediately when you file the petition for child support in the family court. However, when you get the final support decree, you will get the retroactive payments that date back to the day you filed the petition for child support.

According to Ron Phillips New York, child support is a complex issue, and so you need the services of an experienced lawyer in the field. Ensure that the divorce lawyer you choose for your case has a solid background in divorce and family laws. In case you cannot afford a lawyer to represent you, the family court will give you a lawyer to help you with child support, child custody, and other related issues to the case. You need to submit your plea to the court in order to have a lawyer assigned to you!